Tuesday, August 28, 2012

August 28, 2012


August 28, 2012

 
It has been very trying the last few days.  My dear daughter has come down with a terrible case of strep throat.  She really did not want anything but a lollipop.  I don’t keep that on hand so I decided to try to figure out how to make them myself.

Mary Jane Butters Glamping book had some wonderful sweeteners using corn syrup and flavoring.  So I decided to get a bit more interesting.  Using some raw honey I get at my local organic store I made something similar.  I took ¾ cup of water, 1 cup of sugar and ½ cup of honey.  Put it in a quart pot on medium heat, and heated until it was 300 degrees.  As soon as that is reached remove from heat and stir with a spoon until it is thickened up a bit.  Place paper based sticks on a cookie sheet or use a silicon mold and pour into circles on a clean cookie sheet or into the molds.  Let sit for an hour and then enjoy.

Learning to do these odd jobs gives my dear city parents worries.  Such as “Cheese made from raw organic milk, doesn’t it have a lot of weird enzymes that could hurt you?”

To that I say, “No worse than the pre shredded cheese that you purchase at the “Extra Large Bird” Grocery store.”

I am reminded of Psalm 10: 17,

Lord, You have hear the desire of the humble; You will prepare their heart; You will cause Your ear to hear.

The Lord does speak to us, but sometimes we are just too busy to listen, or do not want to believe the lord has spoken to us.

Well my daughter’s fever has finally broken and she is back to her usual self.  The wash is on the line and our Lunch is almost done.

Have a blessed day everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the TERRIFIC recipe. I will be making a couple batches for my niece and nephews. My nephew just broke his arm at football practice so these lollies will be a great treat for him.

    At least your city parents know about enzymes. I'm so surprised at the Farmers Market when one of the Vendors who sells Goat Cheese and also Hormone Free beef and chicken, explains to potential customers about hormones and enzymes and the customers have or HAD no idea about such things. :0) I always tell Tim the vendor he is not only a farmer but a TEACHER. :)

    Have a great weekend,
    -missy- aka pennyhenny

    ReplyDelete