Monday, August 20, 2012


August 20, 2012

Today is a bittersweet day.  My dad came over the weekend and put up a full blown swingset / playground.  My daughter is ever so happy right now, swinging her little heart out and playing in the fort.  My mother and father are truly wonderful people that they would give my children this gift. 
My daughter is so happy with her new swingset.  We just need to get a swing for my little baby boy so he can enjoy it to.

I am reminded of Exodus 20:12 ESV “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the LORD your God is giving you.”

I also spied our church from the nest of the fort.  I love that there is a direct line of sight from the playground to our beautiful church, displaying some of God’s best work of art of land.  You can just see the white steeple and redness right where the trees are trimmed down.



Today is a simple day of cooking.  And for breakfast I made Mary Jane Farm cheese biscuits.  I keep a jar of the Mary Jane Farm Budget Mix in my cabinet.  I poured ¾ cup of water and 1 Tablespoon of butter into a bowl and added mix until it was a sticky doughy mess.  Placing on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 for about 10-12 minutes.

As for sewing it is simply hemming bridesmaids’ dresses and making skirts for a girl for the upcoming school year.  I will be sure to provide a tutorial for this simple skirt.

Also to my surprise, this past Saturday a box arrived from the post man.  As I opened it up I found Mary Jane Butters new Glamping book.  I was so excited about the prospect of reading it I ran into my house, got under my new Mary Jane Farmgirl Quilt and readied up for an afternoon of reading.  I looked through the pictures and found so much inspiring information.  It was a wonderful read, touching on a lot of subjects from spotting issues when purchasing a trailer, to inspiration for glaming it up, to using the proper hitch and finally safety and cooking.  I would not say the book is a in depth look at how to repair and restore a vintage trailer, but it is good for a beginner, knowing what to look for in a trailer.

I don’t have a vintage trailer and my 2000 Ford Taurus might tow only 1000 lbs… not to mention not having an expendable 2 thousand dollars to buy a trailer.  So we might pitch the tent one night sometime soon.  And glam that up, I just have to be careful this time of year because last year we got hit with a massive flood.  But part of the book spoke to me, camping in gowns, now that is glamping, and that I would very well do.



All and all my 6th wedding anniversary yesterday was simple and wonderful.  I got to sit around my friend’s campfire, enjoy a few toasted marshmallows, think just how lucky I am to have so much love around me.

Have a wonderful day!

2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the quilt, it is just lovely; did you make it? I want one!

    suefeely@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue!

    I got the quilt for being Farmgirl of the year this year. You can also purchase it at the Mary Jane Farm store here http://shop.maryjanesfarm.org/store/p/116-Raising-Jane-Grange-Handmade-Farmgirl-Brownwork-Embroidered-Quilt.aspx

    Thanks for asking!
    Em

    ReplyDelete