Friday, August 10, 2012

August 10, 2012


August 10, 2012

So today I decided to take on a project, just to make all my labels for my ingredients wall uniform.  First before anything, let me tell you how I took the screen captures.  It is so easy, first, look on your keyboard for the “Print screen” aka “Print Scrn” button.  As soon as you locate it, hit it on the desired screen. Next open up the paint program and press CTRL and V

Boom screen capture! 

Now right click on file, then Save As…

Find the right folder and save the picture as what ever you want.


Then click Save.
Alright back to the pantry labels… 

I found these wonderful labels here http://www.scribd.com/doc/68194957/Pantry-Labels

Now you can download the PDF of it and print out the labels, if that is all you need.  I still suggest printing out the labels you will need them later.  But I found a bunch missing from my ingredients; I keep different boxes for Light and Dark Brown Sugar.  So here is how I made my own, only using word and paint, no adobe for me.

First you will want to copy the labels from the screen, right click and click copy.


Next open up a word document and hit Control+V

Now using the crop button from the Picture Tools Menu, isolate one label.

Now click the crop button to deactivate the setting.


In the same motion hit Control+C

Then open up paint and hit Control+V

The picture will come up.

Using the Eraser tool, erase the text inside


Using the text “A” button open up a text box, underneath the label, that way you don’t have to stress about fitting it in just right.  Type in the name that you want to use.


Make sure it is on a similar font such as Arial Unicode MS, size 32

Using the move box cover the text like this.


Now pick up and move.


Now highlight the box, leaving a bit of  room on the bottom.


Now hit Control+C

Go back to the word document with the original label and hit Control+V on the line under the original label that was isolated.


Now make sure your zoom setting is set at 100% and  hold the original printed  label sheet up to you computer.  Now you can see if you need to shrink or enlarge the label so it is uniform.  You only have to make sure the first is uniform, that way you can match up the rest to the first.
Just resize the label and  you will have more CUSTOM Labels that are uniform in size.


Once you get the hang of it the process can go quickly


Here is my ingredients before the new labels.


And now after.

Have a wonderful day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment