Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Dear new moms...

So, as of today, there is still no new addition to our family.  Not to be discouraged my hubby took me to the mall to walk.  After our usual once around we found ourselves in Boscovs.  Now I had a feeling to check the purses and we found the most perfect diaper bag.

Now I have nothing against diaper bags that you can purchase at the major box stores but more than likely you will buy something like this
But after one year of use your diaper bag will look like this.
But what is a diaper bag essentially, it is something that you can put into your car that has a wide enough base to accommodate a can of formula, two bottles, a bottle of water, four or five diapers (or one or two for short trips) wipes and a changing pad.

So why does this item that seemingly all moms must have be so... loud.  This being our third child on my registry I selected 2 diaper bags, both for about $100 each, they were ohh so stylish and adorable, then came the angry calls from my family.  Why should I have such a nice diaper bag?  Why can't I have just the regular kind that you can buy in a store?

My question back would be, why can't I have a nice diaper bag?  And to that they would have no answer.  So as my wonderful dear husband was having me walk the mall to start up some labor contractions, we ventured into Boscovs.  I wanted to have a look at the purses and saw one that had what looked like bottle carriers.
We tend to use taller and wider bottles, so this particular purse here was not a good fit.  But it got me looking, what else would they have that could be good for a diaper bag.  Instantly my husband and I found one, all leather, nice high and wide sides and deep enough to carry our regular diaper bag items.  London Fog ended up being the brand here.
We are really excited about this diaper bag and it is a high enough quality that it will stand up to the year or so of use and abuse that diaper bags tend to go through.

Remember, just because we are moms doesn't mean we have to have... loud items.  Proud haute momma here.


No comments:

Post a Comment