Thursday, May 31, 2012


Thursday, May 31, 2012



It has been a wondrous Friday here in my part of the world.  The sun is shining, the wash is drying out on the line and there is a banana bread in the oven.  Much is right in my world. 

Merrily we sew along… 

So, if you can keep a secret, let me share one…. I am working on a quilt for my dear B.  She is going off to kindergarten and I purchased the fabric for it when she was about a month old.  It is a plain block quilt with lots of different fabrics.  Six inches thinner than full sized quilt, it is going to be fully hand quilted.  The base is together, all the layers are safety pinned together and now I am starting the hand stitching.  There is about 25 squares and last night it took me an hour to do one.  So around 25 hours of work.  I certainly hope Christmas doesn’t come too early. 

What has brought on all of the quilting was a recent family trip to Lancaster County, PA.  To see what the women were able to accomplish was simply miraculous.  And it inspired me to work hard on my quilt for my daughter. 

Prepping with a budget… 

A simple thing  to understand when the stuff hits the fan is understanding you may become a target to others.  But there is one thing you cannot loose and that is the knowledge in your mind.  Read and read, learn about butchering and skinning chickens, it may save your life someday.  One of my favorite purchases so far is a bow and arrow.  H and I have been working very hard trying to hit the target, but the true William Tell in our home is B.  At the tender age of 5, she can hit the target 4 out of 5 times.  Can we just now call her Katniss? 

Learning to walk with Jesus….


Contentment is something to learn every day.  Last night I felt very restless, questioning my future and then I decided to pray for contentment.   

Hebrews 13: 5-6

Be content with what you have, for God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.:  So say with confidence, “The Lord is my helper; I will not be afraid.”


Start Cooking…. 

So I mentioned earlier in the post about banana bread.  I have children and not all the time do I get to use all the bananas I purchase in a week, so if there are 2 or 3 left over I make this quick recipe. 

Em’s Banana Bread

2-3 bananas mashed
1 cup fine flour
½ cup sugar
Pinch of cinnamon
Pinch of nutmeg
¼ cup oil
1 egg

Mix all in one bowl and pour into greased bread dish.  Bake at 350 degrees until all over light brown.



Enjoy everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment