Tuesday, May 29, 2012


May 29, 2012

Liberation is upon me.

It truly is.  Tomorrow I will be deactivating my facebook account.  I just have prayed about it and have found that little good comes out of facebook.  It has disconnected me from my family, by taking my time away from my children during the day, when I am more interested in checking facebook than them. 

Ephesians 4:1-3Ephesians 4:1-3

I therefore, a prisoner for the Lord, urge you to walk in a manner worthy of the calling to which you have been called, with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love, eager to maintain the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace

But let us get back to ourselves here and talk a bit more about simplee living.

Merrily we sew along….

Well, the memoral day sale at JoAnns has brought much into my household.  First on the cutting board today was Simplicity 2241.  It is an adorable little dress, a bit short for us but extending the pattern 9 inches proved to be easy.  I have it cut out in Princess organza with a silk satin collar.













I also cut out a simple easy on dress for my dear B. Simplicity 2377 is a very adorable little dress.  I got this pattern cut in a single pattern.  Also it was so very easy to extend the skirt the 9 inches for our family.











Then the easiest of all the patterns cut was Simplicity 2576.  This is a basic long skirt with an elastic waist. 
















They are all in their own pile on my work desk waiting for the right moment to be made.

Sticking another feather in your cap…

I believe that learning new skills is important in life, even if you do not like it in the end.  The skill that I found very interesting was Quilling.  Quilling was known during the Victorian age as paper fillagre, a very precise skill, it requires patience and time.  Go here to learn more about it, http://www.marthastewart.com/how-to/quilling. 

The following are some of my examples of quilling that I have made.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment